Click the link below to access the recently released scholarship application! Make sure to submit your application by February 8th!
We hope you all had a fantastic time at Fall Membership Rally 2019! This year our theme was SmoreService, a throwback to your favorite summer camp days. Throughout the weekend, members participated in service projects, bonding activities, and of course roasted marshmallows. One of our special activities was lighting the candles of our new members, welcoming them into our CKI family. Check out our Facebook page for some great photos of the event or at https://photos.app.goo.gl/tNTU6WUJTj8rv3Uf7
Fall Membership Rally registration is now open! Click HERE to sign up or at https://fs6.formsite.com/CapitalCKI/gbqqwlxidi/index.html. More information can be found about FMR under our Events tab. We are so excited to meet new people and see old friends at this s’wonderful event.
Capital had a fantastic time at CKIx19 in Orlando. We had 11 members from the Capital District attend and Immediate Past Governor, Jose Leoncio, was elected International Trustee.
We won multiple awards:
Distinguished District Administrator: Serena Bell
Distinguished District Governor: Jose Leoncio
GEM awards in the Emerald Division: 3rd place, Virginia Commonwealth University and 2nd place, The George Washington University.
We are so excited to serve the Capital District this year. We look forward to meeting all of y’all and growing our District!
Hello Capital Crabs! CKIx19 is fastly approaching at only 80 days away, this means early bird registration at only $250 closes April 19. I want to give y’all a quick run down on some key info and why you should attend.
- When: June 26-29, 2019
- Where: Disney’s Contemporary Resort in Orlando, Florida.
- Room + Registration: Room rate: US$159 per night plus taxes and fees. March 1 – April 19: $250, April 20 – May 24: $300, May 25- June 26: Registration closed, June 26: $350 (on-site registration)
- Why: Join hundreds of Circle K members for the biggest event of the year. Attend workshops, complete a large scale service project and make memories that will last a lifetime. Listen to engaging speakers and witness outstanding leaders be recognized during our awards ceremony. Experience all this and more with your favorite organization.
All CKIx19 info can be found at https://www.circlek.org/ckix
As our year comes to close, lets celebrate our wonderful accomplishment of GAINING members! This is the first membership gain in two years. Last year the Capital District ended the year with 579 members, this year we are potentially ending with 589! We have one week left, which means there is still time to get closer to our goal of 625 members for the year. Here are some quick stats:
- 11 of our clubs experienced growth
- We have added 34 new members this Spring
- We are the only district in the top 5 largest districts to experience growth this year
We’d like to give a BIG thank you to our club that brought in new members this Spring:
SOTC is split into two one-day events that are located in places that are more convenient for each section of our district. SOTC North and SOTC South cover the same material and are equally beneficial for new or old officers. SOTC North is on March 2nd at American University and SOTC South is on March 30th at UVA. Save the dates!
For more information and registration follow this link.
The District Board voted to expand the LTGs to include two more. Follow this link to see an outline of the new divisions! More information will come the following week about elections, role of LTG, etc. Governor Jose will be planning a webinar/Google Meet with our LRA Chair Kyle to field any questions about running for district office. Here is also a map of the way the divisions will be split!
- January 28: Early Bird Deadline $200
- February 4: Regular Deadline $235
- Vibrant Keynote Speaker
- Wonderful Workshops
- Meaningful Service Projects in RVA
- CKI Senior Reception (Fall 2018/Spring 2019 Graduates only!)
- Election of 2019-2020 District Board
- Friday Night Talent Show
- CKI Fellowship with members from around the district!